[R] newbie: closing unused connection + readline

Stavros Macrakis macrakis at alum.mit.edu
Sat May 16 22:15:27 CEST 2009

On Sat, May 16, 2009 at 9:11 AM, Aval Sarri <aval.sarri at gmail.com> wrote:
> ...I tried something line this also:
>
> mydataframe <- read.table (socket, sep=",");
>
> but does not work says no input lines.
>
> this also.
>
> mydataframe <- read.table (readLine(socket), sep=",");

Sorry, I didn't see this before my last email.  This seems to be the
real problem....

I don't understand why read.table would have a problem reading
directly from a socket instead of a textConnection.  Is this a bug?
Some subtlety in the semantics of socketConnection as opposed to
textConnection?  Incorrect parameters when opening the
socketConnection?

            -s