[R] Gamma

Johannes Huesing johannes at huesing.name
Sat May 16 11:33:54 CEST 2009

Kon Knafelman <konk2001 at hotmail.com> [Sat, May 16, 2009 at 08:49:44AM CEST]:

> Hey,
>
> I am having trouble graphing the following function
>
> ???2??(n/2)/[???n ??? 1??((n ??? 1)/2 for the values of n between 2 and 50.
>
> i know that ??(n) = (n-1)!, which in R is factorial(n-1)
>
> When i type that into R, using y <- function(n).....
> and
> then plot(y,2,50), it doesnt give me anything meaningful, in fact, it
> comes up with a message saying something like "in gamma(n+1) ploted" or
> something along those lines.

Please send us the actual code, and the actual lines, not something along them.

For me, both

plot(gamma, 1, 4)

and

plot(factorial, 0, 3)

give meaningful results without warnings or errors.

I am using the following:

> R.Version()
$platform
[1] "i486-pc-linux-gnu"

$arch
[1] "i486"

$os
[1] "linux-gnu"

$system
[1] "i486, linux-gnu"

$status
[1] ""

$major
[1] "2"

$minor
[1] "7.2"

$year
[1] "2008"

$month
[1] "08"

$day
[1] "25"

$`svn rev`
[1] "46428"

$language
[1] "R"

$version.string
[1] "R version 2.7.2 (2008-08-25)"

--
Johannes Hüsing               There is something fascinating about science.
                              One gets such wholesale returns of conjecture