[R] 3dscatter for linux

Ben Bolker bolker at ufl.edu
Wed May 13 15:27:05 CEST 2009

threshold wrote:

> Hi, do you have any suggestions how to make 3D scatterplot, BUT under
> linux. Worth mentioning is the fact that 'scatterplot3d' does not load
> under Ubuntu 8.10.
> Do you know any alternatives?? I tried cloud or persp but X,Y and Z axes
> are emprical in my case, and cannot be replaced by any seq(...).
> Thanks in advance, robert

http://wiki.r-project.org/rwiki/doku.php?id=tips:graphics-3d:graphics-3d

  See esp. rgl::plot3d()

  Also, cloud() seems to work just fine with irregular x,y, z:

> d <- data.frame(x=runif(10),y=runif(10),z=runif(10))
> library(lattice)
> cloud(z~x*y,data=d)

how/why doesn't scatterplot3d load?  I can't find any reference to this on
the mailing lists, but maybe I'm missing something.  It does fine in Ubuntu
9.04 (intrepid).

  Ben Bolker