[R] Set working directory by dragging text file onto R shortcut? [WinXP, unfortunately]

Mark Na mtb954 at gmail.com
Tue May 12 00:30:55 CEST 2009

Hi R-helpers,

I must use WinXP at work, and I'm missing a particular feature that's
available in R on my Mac at home...

In WinXP I would like to launch R by dragging and releasing a text
file on top of the R shortcut on my desktop. Then, I would like the
working directory to be automatically set to the location of that text
file.

That's what works in MacOS, but I can't figure out if it's possible in WinXP.

Any ideas? I'd appreciate it...

Thanks, Mark Na

PS What I do now is make a new R shortcut for each project, store that
shortcut in the directory containing that project's datafiles and R
programs (which are in text files), and set the "Start in" value to
that directory...but this has to be set up uniquely for each
project...