[R] Using ACE in the ape package

Ben Bolker bolker at ufl.edu
Mon May 11 16:07:59 CEST 2009

Andrew RODRIGUES wrote:

> Having a problem running the ace command in ape.
>
> After reading my table into R and then putting the names of the rows in
> the
> table in same order as the tree I can't get ace to run and get the message
>
> Erreur dans as.matrix(x) :
>   dims [produit 25] ne correspond pas à la longueur de l'objet [0]
>
> This is the command I am using and each of the vectors used in the
> snalysis.
>
> ERreconstruction <- ace(car, tr, type="discrete", model="SYM")
>
>>car [1] 4 1 7 5 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 1 2 1
>
>> tr
>
> Phylogenetic tree with 32 tips and 31 internal nodes.
>
> Tip labels:
> 	Batis_maritima, Pentadiplandra_brazzeana, Tovaria_pendula, Reseda_lutea,
> Tropaeolum_majus, Carica_sp, ...
>
> Rooted; no branch lengths.

(1) you haven't actually given us a reproducible example here; try giving us
the
results of write.tree() on your tree.

(2) you will have better luck with this question, and your related more
recent one,
on the r-sig-phylo (phylogenetics special interest group) mailing list
rather than
this  list, where only a few people know about comparative methods, the ape
package, etc.

  good luck
    Ben Bolker