[R] working with groups of labels?

Phillip Porter pcporter at ufl.edu
Mon May 11 07:13:49 CEST 2009

Good Morning,
I have a graph with groups of variables.  I have include the group
names as variables so that I can have them positioned correctly.
Unfortunately this means that the group names have to follow all of
the same rules as the variables within the groups.  I would rather
have those group names left justified and bolded.

I know that I can do this in an mtext() function using font=2 and
adj=0, but I can never get the labels lined up exactly right.

Is there a simpler way of getting one group of labels right justified
and another group of labels left justified and still have them all
automatically positioned correctly?

Thanks,
Phillip