[R] Rmysql linking to an old-ish mysql build

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Sat May 9 16:57:41 CEST 2009

Jose Quesada wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get Rmysql to work o windows server 2008 64-bit.
> I have the latest build of mysql installed (mysql-5.1.34-winx64).

Independent of the version number of MySQL (which is less than 6 months
old):
If you are talking about the RMySQL binary build on CRAN: It is build
against a 32-bit version of MySQL. I am not sure if there is a safe way
to build a binary that properly links against 64-bit MySQL given you are
running 32-bit R.
If there is, you have to install the package from sources yourself anyway.

Best,
Uwe Ligges