[R] Vim R plugin-2

Tobias Verbeke tobias.verbeke at telenet.be
Sat May 9 15:45:36 CEST 2009

Hi Jose,

Jose Quesada wrote:

<snip>

> In my view, R as a language is very good but the tools around it are not
> good.
> When a matlab person tries R, their first comments are always how poor
> the environment is.
> Sure, one can have a debugger (with a crappy GUI in TK), and there's
> some editor support, but it's kind of painful.
>
> Integreting an R debugger with something like pyclewn would be very good.

There's no integrated debugger yet, but the StatET plugin
for Eclipse is one example of a mature development environment
for R. Moreover it allows to leverage the Eclipse eco-system
and its myriad of plug-ins. No painful experience at all
for me..

http://www.walware.de/goto/statet

Best,
Tobias

P.S. When I try Matlab my first comment is always how poor
the language is ;-)