[R] levelplot question

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at imail.org
Thu May 7 21:02:19 CEST 2009

From the help for panel.levelplot in the section on 'col.regions':

" the exact number being one
          more than the length of 'at'"

was what I based my assumption on (also the "not longer than at" phrase in the last sentence on recycling).

The second part was somewhat speculation on my part, automatically adding -Inf and Inf would mean that you would not need to make sure to span the range of the data, but on the other hand, it would make it hard to exclude values outside the region as in your example, arguments could be made for either direction, the current behavior is probably best overall.

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center
greg.snow at imail.org