[R] PGF Device

baptiste auguie ba208 at exeter.ac.uk
Thu May 7 14:57:15 CEST 2009

If one was to implement a Tikz output for R graphics, I'm not sure
what route to take:

1) focus exclusively on Grid graphics and implement a conversion at
the R level à la gridSVG (see Paul Murrell's webpage)

2) create a new device ( I have no idea where to find guidelines for
this, and I'm not even clear on what exactly a "Device" is).

In any case, given that pdf is often the preferred output for R
graphics (e.g. through the Sweave route), it seems that the pgf format
would be an excellent addition if only for its perfect handling of
LaTeX formulas.

Best wishes,

baptiste

On 7 May 2009, at 14:39, Dieter Menne wrote:

> Lasse Bombien <lasse <at> phonetik.uni-muenchen.de> writes:
>

>> Am Mittwoch, den 06.05.2009, 16:08 +0200 schrieb baptiste auguie:
>>> I think the pgfSweave project on R-forge is working on this (as
>>> far as
>>> i know it currently relies on eps2pgf)
>> Right, but eps2pgf fails me on more complex / stacked plots.
>> Otherwise,
>> I would be content using eps2pgf.
>
> Same for me; pgf/tikz is my method of choice for graphics in latex
> because it gets around the eps-detour that can cause strange problems.
>
> Dieter

Baptiste Auguié

School of Physics
University of Exeter