[R] I updated/reinstalled ggplot2 and the trouble started...

Tena Sakai tsakai at gallo.ucsf.edu
Thu May 7 06:22:23 CEST 2009

Hi Ian,

Per your suggestion, I reinstalled R 2.9.0, then
I reinstalled ggplot2 on top.  The problem persists.

Here's the what happens after the installation:

  > qplot (carat, price, data = diamonds, alpha = I(1/10))
  Warning message:
  In grid.Call.graphics("L_points", x$x, x$y, x$pch, x$size) :
    semi-transparency is not supported on this device: reported only once per page

The entire record of installing ggplot2 package, ending
up with the line above is in the attached file.  I would
think this should be reproducible with anybody else.

If you have any other suggestion, I am all ears.

Regards,

Tena Sakai
tsakai at gallo.ucsf.edu