[R] Randomized-complete blocks design and R

Dieter Menne dieter.menne at menne-biomed.de
Tue May 5 08:33:29 CEST 2009

alis villiyam <aalisiyan <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I am new in R.I am trying to analysis of variance for Randomized-complete
> blocks design. I have 4 treatments and 3 replication,
>
> Without intraction.then .I is going to use LSD test or Duncan test for
> comparison between average values of treatments.
>
> I want to know, is there any significant change between treatment and
> between weeks? Because I did experiment for 8 weeks.

Try lme in package nlme, but you need the documentation in the book
by Pinheiro/Bates to get started, otherwise there is little chance.

Something like (assuming repl is numeric, or a "time")

  summary(lme(effect~treat*repl, data=mydata, random=~1|subject))

Possible followed by a multiple comparison test of the contrasts
from package multcomp.

If you only do it once, you might get results faster by using SPSS or
Systat (I avoid mentioning the three-letter alternative here)

Dieter