[R] print value of variable to screen or alert box?

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at imail.org
Sun May 3 02:52:18 CEST 2009

Well there are always the print and cat functions which print to standard output.  You may also want to look at flush.console if buffering is a problem.  Also using "\b" or "\r" with cat can keep from producing too much output.  There are also the progress bar functions (winProgressBar, tkProgressBar, txtProgressBar) which show progress bars but also allow for labels that can be changed inside the loop, the bar could show i and the label could show v[i].

Hope this helps,

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center