[R] Trouble installing packages on Macintosh OS-X 10.5.6

jlwoodard john.woodard at wayne.edu
Sat May 2 17:16:18 CEST 2009

I just upgraded my version of R from 2.8.1 to 2.9.0.  After doing so, I now
have problems using the package installer to reinstall all my packages.
Some download and install without problems, but for others, I get the
spinning pinwheel and after even 10 minutes, nothing is downloaded.  R stops
responding.  At first, I had not deleted the old version of 2.8.1 before
installing 2.9.0.  However, I went back and deleted the R GUI from the
Applications folder and the R.framework folder from /Library/Frameworks and
then reinstalled 2.9.0.  Any help will be greatly appreciated! Many thanks!

John Woodard