[R] Fwd: 2 way ANOVA with possible pseudoreplication

Andrew Dolman andydolman at gmail.com
Fri May 1 16:04:32 CEST 2009

Hi Natalie,

The fact that there's a non-linear relationship between frequency and power
does not matter if you treat power as a categorical variable rather than
continuous.

So like Steve suggested above:

Using the lme4 package

lmer(power~freq*short+(1|animal), data=...)

would seem a good starting point. Make sure that frequency and shortening
are treated as factors.

Alternatively the nlme package

lme(power~freq*short, random=1|animal, data=...)

Andy.