[R] New R mailing list: R-SIG-insurance

Vincent Goulet vincent.goulet at act.ulaval.ca
Tue Mar 3 15:49:24 CET 2009

Dear useRs,

Over the last few years R has gained a significant momentum in the
insurance industry. Dedicated packages have been written, numerous
presentations given, courses held, businesses set up, and IT
departments convinced. ;-)

Therefore, together with Markus Gesmann of Lloyd's of London, we
created a Special Interest Group mailing list to discuss R usage in
actuarial science, insurance (life and non-life) and risk analysis and
assessment in general. (With thanks to Diego Mazzeo for the idea and
to Martin Maechler for the technical help and list creation.)

To subscribe to the list please visit:

For the posting guide see:

	http://www.r-project.org/posting-guide.html

We hope that this new list will foster discussions and the transfer of
knowledge. Please pass the word and participate, your contributions
are most welcome!

--
Vincent Goulet, Associate Professor
École d'actuariat