[R] RMySQL Error

Cedrick Johnson cedrick at cedrickjohnson.com
Thu Jul 23 15:27:22 CEST 2009

   Make a copy of the libmySQL.dll and put it in your R_HOME\bin directory and
   try again..
   Just to be on the safe side, I created an env variable called R_HOME and
   added R_HOME\bin to my path.
   HTH
   -c
   Brock Tibert wrote:

Hi Everyone,
I am relatively new to R, but I want to try to learn how to use it and
potentially replace the other commercial packages I have learned to use over
the years.  That said, I need to get at data in databases, more
specifically, MySQL.

I installed the RMySQL package without error, but when I try to load it, I
get the following error:

library(RMySQL)

Error in fun(...) :
  A MySQL Registry key was found but the folder C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL
Tools for 5.0\/. doesn't contain a bin or lib/opt folder. That's where we
need to find libmySQL.dll.
Error : .onLoad failed in 'loadNamespace' for 'RMySQL'
Error: package/namespace load failed for 'RMySQL'

I am stumped, because the libmySQL.dll does exist in the path outlined.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Brock

        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]