[R] Standalone program from R script

Cedrick Johnson cedrick at cedrickjohnson.com
Wed Jul 15 06:10:34 CEST 2009

You could perhaps try Rserve (I'm not sure of your level of familiarity with
Java, and the full functionality required of your application) or .....

>From Gabor's link:

Take a look at Rwui: http://rwui.cryst.bbk.ac.uk/

Or, my roundabout way of solving problems like this suits you:
Basically if all you need to do is have coordinates sent to this R
app/formula/script and then output spit out via either an image or textual
format, that should be pretty easy to do with Rserve and a few hours with
Java and an applet. Have the applet accept inputs (coordinates?) and then
send them to Rserve. Once Rserve/R is done, pickup the image or text
generated and have it display in the applet.

HTH,
cj

--
Cedrick W. Johnson