[R] hands-on classification tutorial needed...

Michael comtech.usa at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 06:07:59 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I am doing binary classification and want to improve the
classification results on imbalanced response data.

Currently the performance is poor. Are there ways I could improve the
performance?

I could either try different classification methodologies, or try
exploring the data more, and throwing away noisy data, and manipulate
the data more before sending into the classifiers.

I was wondering are there systematic way of improving classification
performance?

I know it's an art. But I am lack of experience and want to gain experience.

How to do that? Please give me some pointers about hands-on tutorial
on classification.

I am using R.

Thank you!