[R] using Sweave with a master file that has several iputted .tex files

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Tue Jan 27 19:04:27 CET 2009

On 1/27/2009 12:48 PM, Christopher W. Ryan wrote:
> Suppose I have a Master.Rnw file that looks something like this:
>

> \documentclass[12pt]{mypaper}
> \usepackage[margin=1in]{geometry}
> \usepackage{setspace}
> \usepackage{url}
> \usepackage{indentfirst}
> \usepackage{fancyhdr}
> \usepackage{Sweave}
> \pagestyle{fancy}
> \lhead{sonographic rectal diameter and ADHD}
> \rhead{ }
> \usepackage{abbrevs}
> %\usepackage{natbib}
> %\usepackage{apacite}
> \bibliographystyle{StandardMedicalJournal}
> %\bibpunct{}{}{,}{}{}{}
>
> \usepackage{multirow}
> \usepackage{outlines}
>
> \begin{document}
>
> \input{C:/DATA/SCHOLAR/ADHDConstipation/SonographicStudy/PAR06180/SpecificAims}
>
> \input{C:/DATA/SCHOLAR/ADHDConstipation/SonographicStudy/PAR06180/BackgroundAndSignificance}
>
> \input{C:/DATA/SCHOLAR/ADHDConstipation/SonographicStudy/PAR06180/PreliminaryStudies}
>
> \input{C:/DATA/SCHOLAR/ADHDConstipation/SonographicStudy/PAR06180/ResearchDesignAndMethods}
>
> ...abbrevieated...
>
> \end{document}
>
> Some of the inputted files contain R code, enclosed in <<chunkname>>=
> and @.  Several of them don't contain any R code.
>
> Can I compile the whole document with Sweave("Master.Rnw") ?

No, it will only process the file you give it.  There are various
"makefiles" around that handle dependencies, running Sweave on each
changed Rnw file before running latex on the master file.  For example, see

http://tolstoy.newcastle.edu.au/R/e2/help/06/11/4891.html

(which I haven't tried, I just googled for Sweave makefile).

Duncan Murdoch