[R] Added system Info:--Segmentation Fault occured while connecting to the database

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed Feb 18 09:12:49 CET 2009

Your R is ancient, and the R posting guide asked you to update before
posting.

This is a problem in a contributed DBMS package, so the posting guide
asked you to contact the maintainer and the R-sig-db list would be
the appropriate list to use.  But please ensure you are using a
current version of R and the latest version of all the packages (which
you seem not even to have mentioned, RMySQL and DBI).  Even then,
without your system and your copy of MySQL this may well not be
reproducible so you may have to debug (using gdb) yourself.