[R] Bootstrap or Wilcoxons' test?

Murray Cooper myrmail at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 14 05:12:05 CET 2009

First of all, sorry for my typing mistakes.

Second, the WRS test is most certainly not a test for unequal medians.
Although under specified models it would be. Just as under specified
models it can be a test for other measures of location. Perhaps I did not
word my explanation correctly, but I did not mean to imply that it would
be a test of equality of variance. It is plain and simple a test for the
equality
of distributions. When the results of a properly applied parametric test do
not agree with the WRS, it is usually do to a difference in the empirical
density function of the two samples.

Murray M Cooper, Ph.D.
Richland Statistics
9800 N 24th St