[R] WHO Anthro growth curve macros and R

Frank E Harrell Jr f.harrell at Vanderbilt.Edu
Mon Dec 28 17:28:54 CET 2009

Gustaf,

I would be advisable to first check that such z scores are valid
statistically (I have my doubts).  They make a number of assumptions,
chief among them being that un-normalized weight is not a proper
physiologic summary.  It is almost always the case that joint modeling
of age and weight (e.g., ANCOVA) works better.

Frank

--
Frank E Harrell Jr   Professor and Chairman        School of Medicine