[R] help in merging

utkarsh.singhal at global-analytics.com utkarsh.singhal at global-analytics.com
Thu Dec 24 20:26:33 CET 2009

   Hi All,
   I want to "merge" two datasets by column "ID" and I don't want the result to
   be sorted by "ID". I am doing the following:
   > z = merge(x, y, by = "ID", sort=F)
   The result is not sorted by "ID". But (as oppose to what I expected) it is
   not even in the original order of either "x" or "y".
   Can somebody tell what to do if I wanted it to be in the original order of
   x.

   P.S.: As my dataset is very huge and I couldn't find the right subset of the
   data which explains the above problem, so I can't attach it at the moment.
   If anybody knows the answer, please reply; or else I will try to get the
   right subset.

   Thanks in advance

   Utkarsh