[R] Closing files after using write

Gray Calhoun gray.calhoun at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 18:33:18 CET 2009

Hi Nick,
  I hope you're being a little disingenuous about how hard you looked....

  Typing ?close will pull up the right help page.  I think you're
having trouble because you don't store the file object in a variable,
so there's no convenient way to refer to it when you need to close it
(or when you want to write to it...).  Do three different steps: 1)
open file. 2) write to file. 3) close file; and you should be fine.

You also don't need to open the file 125 times: open it before the loop.

--Gray