[R] help with graphing -- Points in my graph are not apparent, always displayed in steps

philip robinson robinsp3 at students.wwu.edu
Sat Dec 12 06:39:27 CET 2009

I am trying to graphically represent a large set of data who's result is not
strictly uniform.  http://n4.nabble.com/file/n961629/egraph_rules_list_2.png
The scatter plot to the left has all of the data rising in steps however I
know that there are cases within my data that do not fit the dotted line.

temp<-edat[edat$R1SC>0,,]
png("egraph_rules_list_1.png",width=800,height=700,res=72);
par(mfrow=c(2,2));
qqplot(x=temp$words,y=temp$R1SC,ylab="With Rules applied SC
Shortlist",xlab="Number of Words",col="blue",main="Subordinating
Conjunctions\n(Number of Words)",type="p");
hist(temp$R1SC/temp$words,col=heat.colors(max(temp$R1SC)),main="Subortinating
Conjunctions \n/ Number of Words");
temp<-edat[edat$R1CC>0,,]
qqplot(x=temp$words,y=temp$R1CC,ylab="With Rules applied CC
Shortlist",xlab="Number of Words",col="purple",main="Coordinating
Conjunctions\n(Number of Words)",type="p");
hist(temp$R1CC/temp$words,col=heat.colors(max(temp$R1CC)),main="Coordinating
Conjunctions \n/ Number of Words");
dev.off();

your help is much appreciated