[R] .Rhistory in R.app

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Dec 9 20:47:52 CET 2009

I just experimented and I find that, exactly as Maria described,
on my system no commands get added to .Rhistory when I start R using
the GUI.

The ``timestamp'' that is implemented in my .Rprofile gets added, but
no commands
that I typed in the GUI window appeared.

I had never noticed this before since I never actually use the GUI.
(Like ***all
civilized*** people, I use the command line exclusciously. :-) )

I am running R 2.10.0, so updating is not the issue.

Maria:  Why don't you just start R from the command line, like a
civilized
person ( :-) ) and forget about the <expletive deleted> GUI, which only
gets in the way of serious work?

	cheers,

		Rolf Turner

P. S.:

  > sessionInfo()
R version 2.10.0 (2009-10-26)
i386-apple-darwin8.11.1

locale:
[1] en_NZ.UTF-8/en_NZ.UTF-8/C/C/en_NZ.UTF-8/en_NZ.UTF-8

attached base packages:
[1] datasets  utils     stats     graphics  grDevices methods   base

other attached packages:
[1] misc_0.0-11    fortunes_1.3-6 MASS_7.3-3