[R] lsoda warning "too much accuracy requested"

Thomas Petzoldt thpe at simecol.de
Sat Nov 22 13:05:10 CET 2008

A short addendum, resulting from an off-list discussion:

The reason why Colleen's code failed was raising a negative base to a
fractional exponent in the third state equation for certain sets of
parameters, esp. fractional values of beta.

Old versions of odesolve broke down, and recent versions of deSolve (or
the deprecated odesolve) simply returned NaN for the third state. In
order to track such problems down, it is helpful to call the system
separately, e.g.:

 > model(0, start, parms)
[[1]]
         H        BA         N
0.3702103 1.2229436       NaN

and then isolate the problem in the respective state equation.

Thomas P.