[R] Asking, are simple effects different from 0

jebyrnes jebyrnes at ucdavis.edu
Thu Mar 6 17:21:39 CET 2008

Ah, I see where we are talking past each other.  In my particular analysis
(I'm looking at deviations from a predicted value), any deviation from 0
(whether due to grand mean or not) is actually very very interesting.  What
is ultimately interesting to me is the sign of that difference, but, I need
to establish any difference at all first.  The model I should actually be
working with is more like lm(response ~ trta*trtb+0), really.  But, still,
in evaluating the glht output, is it fair to use the 48 df, or should I use
the df for each cell?  I think that's where I've been getting hung up.