[R] colored 3d scatter plot

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Wed Mar 5 04:29:00 CET 2008

On 04/03/2008 9:54 PM, Jim Lemon wrote:
> SNN wrote:
>> I tried
>>
>> scatterplot3d(data, color = rep(c("red", "blue"), c(100, 15)), pch=16) and I
>> am getting the following error message,
>>

>> Error in plot.xy(xy.coords(x, y), type = type, ...) :
>>         invalid color name
>>
>> Does anyone know what he problem is?
> Hi Nancy,
> When you "rep" your colors, the second argument should be a number equal
> to the number of values.

The syntax rep(x, c(100,15)) is legal: it says to repeat the first value
100 times, the second 15 times.

I try the line above and it works with no error.  SNN is not telling us
something, but I don't know what.  Perhaps the content of data is
relevant, or the content of his/her workspace, or whatever.

Duncan Murdoch

That is, if "data" contains 100 x, y and z