[R] unable to start device PNG and unable to open connection to X11 display

Henrik Bengtsson hb at stat.berkeley.edu
Mon Mar 3 13:26:54 CET 2008

On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 1:25 AM, Ng Stanley <stanleyngkl at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I consulted ?png, and it uses X11. is there any way to save plots into png,
>  without using X11 ?

See "See also" under help(png) for alternatives.  Rule of thumb: If
you get a reply from BR that you don't get the first time you read it,
then read it again - the answer is there.

See also thread '[R] jpeg in batch mode' on 2008-02-21, cf.
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/2008-February/155021.html

/Henrik