[R] Plotting barplot and scatterplot on same device - x-axis problem

Francisco J. Zagmutt gerifalte28 at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 20 23:12:38 CEST 2008

You could try using the arguments type, lwd and lend in the call to
plot().  For example:

plot(1:10, type="h", lend=2, lwd=10)
points((1:10)*1.1, type="b")

type="h" creates vertical lines under each observation, lwd controls the
thickness of the lines, and lend=2 draws square ends on the lines.

I hope this helps,

Francisco