[R] how to fit a curve of form Y = X^Z

Avril Coghlan alc at sanger.ac.uk
Tue Jun 17 16:16:07 CEST 2008

Hello,

I have a question about R, and will be very grateful for any help.
I have two variables X and Y, and think that Y is related
to X by a function of the form : Y = X^Z, where Z is < 1.
However, I'm not sure how to find the best-fit equation to
fit my data to a curve of this form using R. Have you any ideas?

regards
Avril Coghlan
Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute,
Cambridge, UK