[R] Igraph library: How to calculate APSP (shortest path matrix) matrix for a subset list of nodes.

Moshe Olshansky m_olshansky at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 25 07:27:03 CEST 2008

As far as I know/remember, if your graph is connected and contains E edges then you can find the shortest distance from any particular vertex to all other vertices in O(E) operations. You can repeat this procedure starting from every node (out of the 500). If you have 100,000 edges this will require about 100,000*500 = 50,000,000 operations (times a small factor) which is very reasonable.