[R] Incomplete x-axis in barplots

Hanna Granroth hanna.granroth at cantab.net
Wed Aug 6 17:42:42 CEST 2008

Hi everyone,

This is a graphics question, concerning presentation rather than
actually producing figures.
After much fiddling I've managed to create bar plots showing error
bars. I've put in an x-axis, which goes along all the bars, but
doesn't appear between the y-axis and the first bar. I've searched all
the resources I have access to but can't find anything addressing this
issue. Does anyone know how to make the x-axis stretch all the way
from the y-axis to the end of the right-most bar? It would make my
picture beautifully complete!
This is R 2.7.0 running on Windows XP.

Thanks very much,
Hanna