[R] Use of survreg.distributions

COREY SPARKS corey.sparks at UTSA.EDU
Sat Apr 26 22:15:09 CEST 2008

It would seem to me that your problem is in your data.  For survreg, you have to have positive durations, and if your data have y>=-5 as seen in

>Error in survreg(Surv(y, y >= -5, type = "left") ~ x +  :
>  Invalid survival times for this distribution
>In addition: Warning messages:
>1: In log(dlist$dtrans(Y[exactsurv, 1])) : NaNs produced
>2: In log(y) : NaNs produced

then you have negative durations in the data.  I would suggest truncating your data at y>0, as that would avoid taking natural logs of negative numbers.

Corey Sparks

Corey S. Sparks, Ph.D.

Assistant Professor
Department of Demography and Organization Studies
University of Texas San Antonio
One UTSA Circle
San Antonio, TX 78249
email:corey.sparks at utsa.edu