[R] Rterm under cygwin hangs after screensaver kicks in

Andreas Krause andreas at elmo.ch
Tue Apr 15 10:59:39 CEST 2008

The R command line (Rterm.exe) under cygwin seems to hang after the computer is locked (the screensaver got activated).
It is not strictly reproducible, sometimes there is no problem after logging in again.

There seems to be no reaction of Rterm/cygwin to anything I type, whether it is a character or Ctrl-C, Ctrl-Z, etc.
The Windows task manager tells me that the status is still "Running".
Cygwin alone never showed this problem (yet).

Any ideas?

       Andreas

R version 2.6.2 (2008-02-08)
Windows 2000 (no kidding)
cygwin: recent download (cannot determine version no)