[R] plot rows of matrix against a vector on one graph

Wiebke Timm wtimm at techfak.uni-bielefeld.de
Wed Sep 26 20:03:47 CEST 2007

On 26.09.2007, at 13:46, Olena Morozova wrote:

> I am very new to R and statistical analysis in general. I am trying
> to plot
> a matrix of several hundred rows against a vector of 4 values. This
> all has
> to be on the same graph with different rows represented by
> different color.
> This sounds like it should not be hard to do, but I am having
> problems with
> it. Could someone please help?

In fact this sounds hard to me, because you cannot perceive "several
hundred" different colors in the same plot. :)

Did you mean columns instead of rows?

Maybe you could specify a little more what kind of plot you intend.
How does your data look like? Do you intend to plot each of the
several hundred values against the same vector with 4 values or do
you have a several hundred by 4 matrix?

Without knowing these thing it is difficult to help you.

Regards,
    Wiebke