[R] repeated measures regression

Marco B tymester at gmail.com
Thu May 24 07:08:43 CEST 2007

Hi John,

I have collected a few methods for doing this in a very empyrical
fashion. I've asked a few questions on r-help about them, and got
mixed responses. You can find the archived thread at:

http://tolstoy.newcastle.edu.au/R/e2/help/07/05/16660.html

The responses and linked resources might be of some interest to you,
too... Basically, my understanding is that ANOVA procedures are the
most powerful ones, provided you can meet their  assumptions. MANOVA
procedures do not require sphericity, but your design should be
balanced and time intervals should be equally-spaced. Finally,
assumptions for lme(r) models are the most forgiving, but their power
is also reduced.

I may be wrong on my conclusions, though, so I'm looking forward to
comments on this, especially on the lme(r) approaches...

Regards,

--
Marco B