[R] Automatic paren/bracket closing in 2.5.0?

Adam D. I. Kramer adik at ilovebacon.org
Mon Jun 18 06:30:58 CEST 2007

Hello,

 	Just upgraded to 2.5.0, and found that R now includes an rparen
(right parentheses) or rbracket whenever I enter in an lparen. While I can
see the use of this function, it doesn't mesh well with my personal style of
using R (e.g., using the up arrow, adding an rparen, jumping to the
beginning of the line, and then wrapping a summary, for instance).

Some 10 minutes of google searching has failed to come up with a solution
for turning this feature off--any suggestions from the list?

Cordially,
Adam Kramer
University of Oregon