[R] Difference between prcomp and cmdscale

michael watson (IAH-C) michael.watson at bbsrc.ac.uk
Thu Jun 14 14:52:40 CEST 2007

Hi Mark

I think Brian Ripley answered this most effectively and succinctly.  I
did actually do quite a bit of googling and searching of the R help
before posting, and whilst there is quite a lot on each topic
individually, I failed to find articles that compare and contrast PCA
and MDS.  If you know of any, of course I would be happy to read them.

Many thanks
Mick