[R] Batch processing in Windows

Sébastien Bihorel sbihorel at buffalo.edu
Fri Jun 8 19:42:34 CEST 2007

Hi,

I am a complete newbe to R, so the following problem will probably be
trivial for most of you guys:  I get an error message every time I try
to run a R file directly from the DOS shell.

My R file (test.R) is intended to create a basic graph and has a very
simple code:

x<-rep(1:10,1)
y<-rep(1:10,1)
plot(x,y)

I am using the following command to call this file directly from the c:/
root:
C:/>R CMD BATCH e:/Documents Seb/3_/test.R

And here is the error message (Translated from french to english):
'R' is not recognized as an internal or external command, an executable
script or a command file

My OS is a french Windows XP sp2 and I am using R version 2.5.0. I
wonder if the problem comes from an installation problem...

Thank you in advance for your help.

Sebastien