[R] OT(slightly) - Tracking extended projects

James MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Mon Jul 23 21:00:39 CEST 2007

Hi all,

Most of the analyses I do are short little once-and-done type things that are easily encapsulated in a .Rnw file. However, I sometimes end up with projects that take an extended amount of time. Usually these projects are not easily encapsulated in an .Rnw file, so I have been using a single .R file with lots of comments.

The problem with this approach is keeping track of what you have done and what the results were. Once the .R file gets to be a certain size, the comments aren't as useful, and I find it easy to get lost. I have to assume that others have encountered this problem and hopefully have come up with something more elegant.

Any suggestions?

Best,

Jim

--