[R] Working with a set of matrices

Wolfgang Huber huber at ebi.ac.uk
Sun Jan 21 10:57:16 CET 2007

Dear M(?),

you could pack your matrices into a list or an environment and then
iterate through that, either using "for" and subset operator "[[" or
using the lapply / eapply functions.

And instead of looping it is sometimes more elegant to put what you want
to do with each of your matrices into a function and then repeatedly
call the function.

Also have a look at "get" for accessing objects e.g. in the global
workspace by their name.

  Best wishes
    Wolfgang

Wolfgang Huber  EBI/EMBL  Cambridge UK  http://www.ebi.ac.uk/huber