[R] color of opposite sign values in filled.contour

Claudia Tebaldi tebaldi at rap.ucar.edu
Fri Jan 5 15:08:07 CET 2007

Dear all,

especially those of you that kindly provided suggestions yesterday,
I was not asking for cool palettes -- even if I now appreciate the
pointers -- but I was asking for a way to make the 0 level of a filled
contour plot correspond to the neutral color in the color scale
when the range of my values is not symmetrical around zero...without
hacking into the filled.contour function (which I'm not able to do
succesfully). I couldn't get the ggplot package suggested because I'm not
running MAC OSX 10.4, unfortunately...all the other suggestions didn't
provide a way out...at least that I could recognize.

Thanks again -- last time I bother you I promise!

claudia tebaldi

--
Claudia Tebaldi
ISSE/CGD/IMAGe

currently visiting
Center for Environmental Science and Policy
Stanford University
tel:   (650) 724-9261
skype: claudia.tebaldi