[R] gsub warning message

Talbot Katz topkatz at msn.com
Fri Aug 31 21:21:49 CEST 2007

Ah, I think I'm beginning to see the light.  Just to complete the final
thought... the "\" is superfluous with the "_" character, so "\\_+" gets
passed to regex as "\_+" and the "\" is ignored in the search; it also would
be ignored in a replacement.  However, as you remarked, "." and "\." act
differently in a search but the same in a replacement.  I hope I have that
straight now.  Thanks much!

--  TMK  --
212-460-5430	home
917-656-5351	cell