[R] Export to spss .SAV format

Stuart Leask stuart.leask at nottingham.ac.uk
Fri Apr 20 11:33:29 CEST 2007

Hi there.

I need to exchange some data with a colleague who uses SPSS.

It looks at the moment as if R is limited to exporting a syntax file and a
data file. While I would have no problem with this, there is clearly scope
for confusion and errors on the part of my colleague, who is more used to
'one click' (wince!) loading and saving of .SAV files.

Okay, I could opine that someone who cannot be trusted to run SPSS syntax
files shouldn't be using SPSS, but that sort of snobbery aside, is anyone
aware of a wrapper that runs in R that to produce the standard .SAV files?

Dr Stuart J Leask DM MRCPsych MA BChir
Senior Lecturer and Honorary Consultant in Clinical Psychiatry
University Dept of Psychiatry, Duncan Macmillan House
Porchester Road. Nottingham. NG3 6AA.
http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/psychiatry/staff/s_leask.html