[R] Innstalling packages in Vista

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Fri Apr 20 09:58:06 CEST 2007

Oh, *please* do consult the list archives as the posting guide suggests: I
posted an answer to this earlier this morning, referencing a comprehensive
answer from Sunday.

The problem is a lack of understanding of how Vista security works.  You
are using a version of R which predates Vista, so unsurprisingly the
issues are not discussed there, but they are in R 2.5.0 due out next week.

But I found a correct answer to this way back in October in the list
archives via RSiteSearch("Vista"), and several later ones.