[R] xlsReadWrite version 1.1.1 available

Hans-Peter gchappi at gmail.com
Sun Oct 8 00:59:52 CEST 2006

An updated version 1.1.1 of xlsReadWrite has been submitted to cran.
Currently the cran version is still 1.0, but you can download the
updated version already here: http://treetron.googlepages.com.

xlsReadWrite is a package which allows you to natively read and write
Excelfiles (windows only).

Changes from xlsReadWrite 1.0.0 to 1.1.1

-> added colClasses argument ("rowname", "integer", "double", "factor",
   "character" and "NA" to determine type of data.frame column)

-> "NA" values are no longer written into the Excelsheet.
-> vector will be written as a column instead of a a row

-> FIXED IMPORTANT BUG which could happen in rare cases in a RKRecord
   cell and led to numbers not divided by 100, e.g. wrong by this factor.
   (thanks to Eric Rexstad for reporting!)

-> fixed bug with colNames: character vector in colNames didn't
   have an effect, I always used the Excel header row
-> compiled with range checks enabled (this should have been
   done from the beginning; from now on programming errors
   surface properly as range check errors).
-> minor changes in help text, README, testscripts improved...

-> LAST BUT NOT LEAST: clarified license text by granting an explicit
   right to freely distribute and use this package incl. the dll.
   (my own source is still licensed as GPLv2 (same as before)).
    Removed R-copyright notices in my source (had been there as
    a kind of credit but can be misunderstood)).

--
Regards,
Hans-Peter