[R] A more efficient code using whole object approach?

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at intermountainmail.org
Wed Oct 4 21:17:56 CEST 2006

A couple of thoughts (hopefully others will have even better
suggestions):

1. Could you do a some of the computations on the log scale?  This would
turn exponents into multiplications and multiplications into additions
and may turn a lot of the work into matrix multiplications.

2. It does not appear that the order matters (i=1, 2, ...), so this
could be easily parallelized, the nws package allows a fairly straight
forward way to do this if you have access to multiple computers (I for
one don't have a problem stealling cycles from my coworkers computers
when they are not doing computationally intesive things).

Hope this helps,

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center